Sunday, July 21, 2013

Week: 3

Date: Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Subject: PROVO MTC week 3


" Kumusta everyone <3

I am so sorry for the way I have been trying to organize what goes on during my week in this letter. I am going to make it much more simpler....simple. -____-

So this past week was pretty difficult, meaning that I am have been getting extremely exhausted and a little sick. I forgot how cold and how hot Provo can be, as compared to Oxnard, so...it's been a little rough. I haven't gotten officially sick, but I had a sore throat this morning and my whole district was teasing me -_____-. For some "strange reason" (sisters taking extremely early showers) I have been waking up at least an hour earlier. It's a little annoying, but I actually have no problem getting up. So, I guess I am okay. (:

Anyways, the language has been getting a lot better. I have been catching on pretty quickly, but the grammar kills me. IT IS SO COMPLICATED...then again, so is English haha.
Honestly, reading and translating the scriptures from tagalog into english has really widen my perspective on the Gospel. It's incredible. 
I was able to see Jason Ah Sue again (someone tell AMANDA), actually, he saw me and peeked into my classroom. Sweet Guy. he is going to be so great in Panama!
My scripture study has definitely improved. There are points in the scriptures which stand out to me that I had never really realized before. It helps me a lot during my personal study and companionship study.

Our two "investigator" lessons have been a little rough. Sometimes my kasamas look at me for translations, but I literally don't know what to say sometimes. I only memorize phrases that I feel impressed to say, based on the needs of my investigators and based on what my kasamas have already said...that way I don't repeat too much haha. In all seriousness, teaching is a lot of fun! In class, we have "workshops" that help us teach to investigators better and the Spirit is so strong, every single time. I would like to have that feeling with me everyday because it makes me want to do better. When the Spirit leaves, I feel so lazy....and unproductive.

A few funny notes:

1. During one of my gym days, I wanted to run three miles again, but I had a foot cramp...so I sorta had this run-limp thing going on and I was only able to run two miles. Apparently my face was making some ugly pictures as I ran, according to some other sisters on the track with me. MY FACIAL EXPRESSIONS AT THE MTC ARE FAMOUS

2. i tried a grapefruit for the first time, in front of my district, in the cafeteria.......IT WAS TERRIBLE. I almost thew up. For those of you who enjoy grapefruits, cool...but I prefer bananas. I literally almost threw up haha. Also, there a lot of food items, meals that make my stomach hurt or just does not taste good at all. So my kasamas say that I am picky. Our teacher Bro. Mansfield would usually ask us how are meals were and sometimes i would say kadiri (gross/disgusting)...so when he asked, that is what I had said. My kasamas told him that I was extremely picky. SO NOW, whenever someone complains about something, big or small, Bro. Mansfield says "you just pulled a Sister Escobar" -______-. Both Bro. Mansfield and my other teacher Bro. Calder are pretty cool. White people speaking incredible tagalog...I LOVE IT hahaha. I LOVE MY WHITE PEOPLE so no offense <3

3. For those of you in the YSA Ward...there is an Elder here who looks a lot like PAT LYONS. The last two times I ran into him, I waited for him to burst out into a song...but no.

4. I had one day, where I didn't get enough sleep...as in I may have gotten four hours at the most (not sure why)...and during our three hour class in the evening, I was literally laughing at everything. Even when people were not talking, I was laughing so hard that a river of tears were literally flowing down my face. AND I wasn't the only one.

Anywho, I hope everyone is doing well. And thank you to those who wrote to me on Dearelder.com
I was so excited when I received the confirmation letters!! <3
write to me sometime!!! If you send me letter from dear elder, I get them faster and they are printed for me. it's pretty sweet. and someone should totally send me some almond joy, PEANUT M&Ms, and stuff. <3

I LOVE YOU ALL. THE CHURCH IS TRUE and if it wasn't, i wouldn't be serving a mission.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CHURCH and/or the GOSPEL, please ask the missionaries (:

Sincerely, Sister Escobar. "

funny faces :p
a day at the temple

Provo, Utah Temple
sitting with Sister Smith :D

Group Quezon City (:
Kasamas: Sister Judd & Sister Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment