Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Week: 6

(Catarina here, I'm sorry about posting Tati's weekly emails all late. I was away at girls camp and didn't have the time to post it...this, and the other one I'm about to post also lol. Again, I am sorry; bear with me please :p )



Date: Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Subject: week 6


" It's finally here everyone. I leave for the Philippines this Monday and I should technically arrive there on Tuesday...or actually, I can't remember. I get there when I get there.

This week was filled with incredible lessons, I met tons of new missionaries, my District has Jam Sessions (piano and singing), I have been taking tons of pictures with everyone, our devotionals have been pretty sweet, and I finally had In-Field Orientation...which was the most amazing event ever.

My District was called to help host new missionaries...it was way sweet. Before everything officially starts, we actually receive super early missionaries...and that is who we host first. While everyone had one missionary to host, which is what is supposed to happen, I end up hosting two. Which meant, that I took care of four suitcases. It was pretty funny. Also for the super early new missionaries...I was the shortest in our group of HOSTS....HA HA HA. I nearly died, but I made my new missionaries feel extremely welcomed and took care of them. I also had the opportunity to help out with another Sister Missionary, which required me waiting for her car to park and talking to her parents. Her family had so many tears...I purposely turned the other way so that I wouldn't cry! But I made her feel welcomed as well and she felt much much better.

By the time that was over, I was sweating so much, it was hilarious.
Afterwards, I had the opportunity of performing for the "new missionary meeting": Sister Smith sang, while Elder Smith and I played the piano. It was pretty amazing.
Also, I constantly run into Elder Jason Ah Sue and Sister Caitlyn Blickenstaff. LOVE THEM.
I've really been contemplating about the purpose of my mission these last few days and I am understanding my purpose as a missionary more and more. I am so excited to share the message of the Restored Gospel in the Philippines. I know that there are people, prepared by Heavenly Father, that I am meant to teach/run into. I know that it is more important to teach with them and not to teach at them. I know that I will have no problem loving them. I am not sure if I've said this yet, but speaking in tagalog has given me a different perspective on the Gospel. It's pretty amazing and I've learned to teach in a away that a child would be able to understand (I can't quite remember the scripture reference for that!)
Anyways, I am really sorry about the short email, but this week has been so scattered and crazy.
I hope everyone is doing well! I miss all of you and I continue to thank you for all of your emails and letters.
I LOVE YOU ALL.

Sister Tatiana Escobar "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Subject: Last PROVO MTC EMAIL 
" So, since I am leaving in a few hours, I was given the opportunity to send out once last email. (short and sweet!)

Am I excited for the Philippines? --YES I AM
Am I excited for the humidity and the heat? ---BRING IT ON
Will I meet Manny Pacquiao and get an autograph from him? --I'll meet him, but the autograph will only be for me (:

I am just so excited for my mission to officially start in the field.

As soon as I receive my new address(es) I shall post them at the bottom of my weekly emails.

Thank you all once again!

LOVE YOU ALL! "

No comments:

Post a Comment