Friday, September 20, 2013

Week: 10

Date: Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Subject: Weekly Letter, 10


" Tuesday: District Meeting and a fun day (: Tons and tons and tons of rain! WOOOO!

Wednesday: Part of our work: we were invited to a birthday party for our investigator Fidel (17). We were hoping our other investigators (his brother John Rae with friends Miles and mellord) would be there, but they were job hunting. So we had a Family Home Evening with Fidel and all of his friends who attended his birthday. It was really silent at first, until I broke the silence with my English. We were then talking like crazy! We had a great lesson on Family Strength, all of the friends sang our opening/closing hymns and we played games/ate tons of food. We also took tons of pictures. Very successful and so much fun (:

Thursday: We ran into the Obena Family and finally had the chance to meet the father, William, and his son Emmanuel. They both had so many questions! It was pretty sweet because we had the answer to the ones he had asked! We also taught Angel Demayo (mother-in-law is an active member) and my companion and I would like to give her a baptismal goal date for November, so hopefully  our next appointment with her doesn't fall through!

Friday: We visited Helen Adams. She actually attended Church with us on Fast Sunday and we hadn't talked to her since then because of her busy schedule. She was very excited to see us and we were definitely very excited to see her. She is so awesome! She also has a desire to be baptized, but they are for very different reasons, so my companion and I would like to touch on a couple principles from the Restoration before we give her a baptismal goal date (:
Also, my companion and I were invited to meet an investigator named Luz (her cousin is a ward missionary couple in our ward). Luz has been very very sick and she wanted a priesthood blessing. So an explanation of the Priesthood was needed first. Sister Soliven and I did not expect to talk because there were three other members with us. We actually had no idea what was going on or where we were going, until we arrived at Luz's house. I was very nervous to speak because I had never testified or even mentioned my feelings about the Priesthood. I wanted to make sure that what I said would benefit Luz. So, when it was my turn, I took a deep breath and spoke. While speaking, I felt peace and after, the peace remained with me. It reminded me of the power of the Holy Ghost as well. The rest of that day seemed just wonderful.

Saturday: BUSY BUSY DAY. Temple Tour Day: I went on splits with Sister Tibungcog to pick up Sister Elisa Macariola (less active) at 6am. We needed to assist her out of her house into a trike because of her limitations with her wheel chair. She was very excited to attend and she brought her helper with her, Ann (friend's daughter who is 14..I think). This was my first time riding a trike on the outside, and it was pretty cool (: We then met up with the other sisters (as well as other less actives and investigators). For my companion and I, our investigator family showed up (Gabriel, Analisa and Girly Aplacador). Our zone rented a jeepney for this specific trip; we unfortunately needed to wait an hour because it had a flat tire on the way over to pick us up, but we were picked up and headed straight to the Temple. The jeepney was so full that some of our elders needed to sit on the floor. Temple Tour Day had four stations and the "fifth" was a Temple Video. It was so awesome. Our investigator had so many questions during the tour and they felt so close as a family that day as well. All of our Zone's investigators/less actives loved everything about the Temple Tour! They also bought tons of souvenirs from the Temple's Visitor Center. Our temple tour day ended at 1pm. After dropping off everyone at their stops, the sisters and I quickly ran over to MacDo (McDonalds) for a quick lunch and headed back to our Chapel to set up for the Open House. We were so exhausted setting up chairs and tables. Not too many people attended the Open House, but it was definitely a great experience. Helen Adams actually showed up; it was a blessing for me and Sister Soliven because we didn't expect any of our investigators to show (they had all said they had previous engagements). After Open House, Sister christine (member) took us sister missionaries out to dinner at a place called Tamagoya Noodle House. I was so full and knocked out as soon as I got home! SUCH A GREAT DAY. TONS OF PICTURES AT THE TEMPLE! (I also saw Elder Crowther!!!! from my MTC DISTRICT)

Sunday: I just love Sundays. We were unable to work this day because I was very sick, but I received a blessing from our Ward Bishop (:
Today: This morning, the sisters and I woke up at 6am to meet our Zone at 7am at La Muan Chapel. Today was our Zone Activity (which happens once every transfer: just like Temple Day and Temple Tour). After Personal Study and Zone Study, we started our "Sports Day"! We played basketball, volleyball and badminton...in the rain. It felt so great..I might get sick tomorrow, but I am okay with it because it was totally worth it...hopefully I don't get sick -_-. Tons of pictures also. We were talking about who would potentially be transferred next week. wahh. We then ate lunch at a place called Mang Inasal. Sobrang masarap (very delicious).
Last week was definitely great and this week will be even better. Today has started off this week with a bang! Tomorrow we have District Meeting, which means MAIL (I never expect any haha) and then Wednesday is Zone Conference (I might see Elders Despain and Malmrose from my MTC District). Last week flew by so quickly and my companion and I are very thankful for the experiences we received.

It is very true when people say that 18mon-2yrs is not a long time at all when it comes to serving a mission. Time definitely flies by super fast, especially when you are working! I cannot believe transfers are already next Wednesday; we all will find out next Tuesday who will be leaving and staying. I am pretty sure I will still be in Cupang, Marikina...but things can change according to the inspiration our President receives. I am doing great here in the Philippines and as a side note, I had water up to my knees a couple times (: It is true that a mission is hard, but it is not impossible. To those of you preparing to serve missions in the MTC/at home, know that where you are called to or have been called to is specifically where you need to be because of the people who have been prepared by Heavenly Father to hear the Gospel from your mouth. To those of you thinking about whether or not to serve missions, pray about it with a sincere desire to know. (: I know this Gospel is true. Alam ko po na totoo ang Simbahan ni Jesucristo ng mga Banal sa mga Huling Araw. If I did not, I would not be serving a mission and I would not be a member of this Church.
Thank you to everyone for your awesome emails!!!
Until next Monday (:

Sister Tatiana Escobar "

No comments:

Post a Comment