Thursday, September 12, 2013

Week: 9

Date: Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Subject: week 9


" This week was very interesting (:

Monday: Sister Soliven and I decided to go to a thrift store...which was pretty cool...I bought two skirts.  Afterwards, we ate at Chow-King, again (don't worry we are using our money wisely), and then we went back to Robinsons (the very large, 4-story mall). At Robinsons, we decided to do a little bit of grocery shopping because it had more options than the store near our house. However, shopping there was not the best idea -___-. We had so many things with us that is very hard to travel and carry everything on the two jeepneys we rode. It was hilarious. Anywho, we had a great Monday...pero we are never repeating what we did (:

Tuesday: District Meeting! Today was our District Leaders birthday (Elder Vandyke from Utah) and we also found out that it was our last day with him because he was being transferred ): Also, on this day, Sister Soliven and I sang Lord My Redeemer for our District Meeting Presentation. I think the other sisters recorded it, so I will try to send it to my momma (: Today we also worked with Donna (18yr old member). She is super sweet and she plans to serve a mission next year! We did not have too many lessons, but we were able to teach the Balanlay Family (about church attendance) and Mary Rose (about Joseph Smith). After wards, Donna took us to Macdo...MCDONALDS. The menu still trips me out because of the rice options. It was pretty good.

Wednesday: We worked with Adolf (ward mission leader) today!....all of our appointments fell through. Sad day.

Thursday: no work because Sister Soliven was very sick

Friday: no work because I was very sick.

Saturday: (Adolf worked with us) We worked super hard to make up for Thursday and Friday. We first visited Gabriel!!! Gosh, he is the coolest investigator ever and his family is so awesome! We showed him the Restoration video (the short version). After the video, he told us a dream he had about someone pouring water over him. My heart stopped and Sister Soliven felt impressed to invite him and his family to be baptized. THEY SAID YES!!!!! Their goal date is October 12!!!!  Afterwards, we visited Jane Vera (who has been investigating the church since June 2012). She wants to get baptized so badly, but there are many complicated family trials she is going through at the moment. Sis Soliven and I will be talking to President Revillo about her on the 18th, to see if there is anything that he can do. I shared 2Ne 4:16 with her. I love her and her children! We then headed over to John Rae's house; inside were Mellord, Miles and John's younger brother, Fidel. They all gave such great feedback! We also found out that Fidel's bday is on Wednesday and he wants us to come. So we said that we'd come if we turned half of his bday into an FHE (family home evening)..."with games"(according to Sister Soliven)...they said yes! After our awesome day at work, we headed over to Sister Villanueva's house (member/with the other sister missionaries) and she fed us a feast. By the way..I LOVE MANGO FLOAT (:
At her house, I felt like I was back at home with my filipino family. Tons of food and karaoke; of course I did not sing, but I wanted to with all of the songs they were singing...in ENGLISH hahaha. We also took some pictures.

Sunday: I LOVE SUNDAYS SO MUCH. I am really getting to know the members more and more! I taught a part of the Relief Society lesson regarding the priesthood...it was a little nerve-racking, but they really liked what I had said. Adolf worked with us again! We first went to Maricel, or Nene (a friend of Juliet). We taught her an overview of the pamphlet and we are excited for our return appointments with her! Afterwards we went to Benji. We showed him the restoration video and he had so many questions. HE ALWAYS HAS QUESTIONS, which is what we want (: Also, he really liked the video. He has so much potential (:
Dinner was a huge question mark because we sorta ran out...well, it's another story...so Sister Soliven and I had rice, chocolate milk and ritz crackers...mmm (:

This whole week should be pretty amazing. For Pdays, Sister Soliven and I don't work because of our curfew (all missionaries are supposed to work on Pdays at 6pm, but we can't because we need to leave Cupang at 7pm)....so we decided to try and work today from 1-3pm, which caused us to make quite a number of sacrifices for our regular Pday. So really, my only Pday part are these emails! If today doesn't work, we report to President and he tells us whether we can work on Pdays or not ): Also, this Saturday will be very exciting because it is our Temple Tour with our investigators/less actives! So far Sis. Soliven and I have one less-active and a couple investigators. I JUST WANT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE ALREADY!

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing great and I miss you all!
And always remember, "Every Member A Missionary"

Sister Tatiana Escobar "

No comments:

Post a Comment