Sunday, May 5, 2013

What a Sunday.

For today's Stake Conference, the Camarillo Stake was visited by Elder Robbins and Elder Saben, of the Seventy. We also took part in giving thanks to our former Stake President (Kurt Blickenstaff) as he was released and his counselor (President Figueroa).

New Stake President: President Lythgoe
New First Counselor: Brother Maddox
New Second Counselor: Brother Garrett

President Lythgoe was a former counselor to President Blickenstaff; he was actually my second guess as our next Stake President. "These men may be imperfect, but they are great men."

After conference, my family cooked BOMB food, as always, I took a terrible three hour day-nap (which I try my best to stay away from so that I can sleep properly), we all watched Once Upon A Time, and I continued my scripture reading.

This week, I know that I will have a great amount of challenges. This week I work every day and every day has a number of goals that I have required, of myself, to accomplish. I know that when I serve a mission, I will work, study, and serve constantly. It will be stressful in many instances, but I will learn to get through it if I have the desire to lose myself in the work of the Lord. I constantly remind myself these things before I've started every week thus far. I report in 9 weeks and 5 days.

This week, I will be pushed on the topics of Patience, Charity, Priorities, and Family. I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment